Skip to content

What help will I get during my stay?

During your first few days your worker will complete a risk and needs assessment with you, and put together a plan outlining your goals. This might focus on housing, support around your experience of family violence, safety planning, information and advice about other services available such as legal support and counselling. Your worker will regularly review this plan with you.

A Specialist Children’s and Young Person’s Worker will also work with your children to develop their individual assessments and plans. Plans for children may consider their health needs, their education or training options, childcare for younger children, helping children to understand their experience of family violence and supporting your relationship with them.

We work alongside other organisations like legal and housing services, Centrelink, and Maternal and Child Health that we support you to access, and in some cases, this can happen onsite at the refuge.